WILPF is a dues paying, membership organization. Join or renew your membership now:
We rely on donations to carry out our work. Make your contribution to peace and justice today!
Join the dialogue on Facebook and Twitter!
For more information, visit our website:
We Need Your Input on the Next WILPF US Membership Congress
Dear WILPF US Members and Friends,
What might you like to see for the next WILPF, US Section, Membership Congress? We are asking for your input and comments. Please send your input to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, January 5. The national WILPF board hopes to make a decision on this matter when it meets by conference call on January 15, 2013. If you wish to participate in that meeting, please contact Ria at email@example.com for details.
In the last few decades, we've had such a Congress every three years, lasting 4–5 days, in various (rotating) parts of the U.S. The functions and activities for those congresses have varied over time. Our hope is that the next WILPF membership congress be welcoming, inclusive, and accessible to members who have diverse lifestyles and are at different places in their lives. To achieve that vision, we’d like your responses to the following questions. We also ask for your additional suggestions!
1) Three years from 2011, when we had a congress in Chapel Hill, will be 2014. Do you think a 2014 Congress a good idea for WILPF US?
In 2015, WILPF International will be celebrating its 100th anniversary. There is talk of a
2) If we do have a 2014 Congress for WILPF US, what form should it take? What do you think of these suggestions?
a) We're considering ways to reduce the "carbon footprint" resulting from the need for
b) Should we make the physical meeting(s) virtually accessible as well—via conference
c) Should we shorten the Congress to 2 1/2 days (such as Fri. afternoon through Sun.
d) How about having a delegate structure at the congress, to make decisions about
3) What do you think of the idea of WILPF US replacing the triennial congress with an annual
4) What other suggestions do you have for Congresses? Here are a few samples; please feel free to respond as to what you think of them or to offer your own ideas.
• Offer cheaper registration to first-time attendees or students.
Remember, we look forward to hearing from you at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 11.
Please include with your response the following information:
If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here.
If someone forwarded you this email, please subscribe here