Middle East e-Action from the Haifa Conference on Building a Nuclear/Weapons of Mass Destruction Free Zone in the Middle East and Convening the Helsinki Conference
by Odile Hugonot Haber
We endorse the demands of the Israeli coalition to the state of Israel:
- Determined and persistent activity to achieve a Middle East free of nuclear weapons and all WMD;
- Constructive, good faith participation in the Helsinki Conference;
- Attendance at the February 2014 Mexico Conference on the Humanitarian Impacts of Nuclear Weapons;
- Accession to and ratification of all treaties and instruments related to nuclear and all weapons of mass destruction;
- Cessation and prohibition of acquisition, production, stockpiling, threat or use of nuclear weapons;
- Subjecting all nuclear facilities to International Energy Agency safeguards, monitoring and verification;
- Full public disclosure of radioactive and toxic contamination by the Dimona facilities of the air, soil and ground water, endangering the health and environment of Israelis, Palestinians and the peoples of all neighboring countries and the Mediterranean Sea;
- Closure, decommissioning, containment, remediation and full public disclosure of all other weapons-of-mass-destruction facilities;
- The nuclear disarmament and complete halt of all plans to develop nuclear weapons throughout the region , must be a very essential part of achieving peace. And should help ending the Israeli occupation of Palestinian and Arab territories as part of a just , peaceful and lasting solution; and
- The equal participation of women at all levels of discussion, advocacy and diplomacy in implementation of these demands.
We call upon the international community to support the above demands of the Israeli coalition and to further the campaign for a Nuclear Weapons and WMD Free Zone in the Middle East by:
- Publicizing the existence of the Israeli coalition;
- Circulating this Declaration;
- Circulating the petition calling for the UN to promptly hold the Helsinki conference; and
- Promoting implementation of the above demands
We are asking the members:
- To promote the International declaration that you can find at: www.wmdfz.org
- To support the demands of the Israeli coalition
- To sign the petition asking to convene a conference in Helsinki as mandate for the general assembly of the United Nations to work on the creation of a nuclear/Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Free Zone in the Middle East: Nuclear Weapons & Weapons of Mass Destruction Free Middle East Petition!
In the name of peace we demand the convening of the postponed Helsinki Conference for a Nuclear Weapons and Weapons of Mass Destruction Free Zone in the Middle East. Join the cause by signing an online petition we have started. Click on the button below to sign the petition!