Stop Fast Track to Stop
the Trans-Pacific Partnership!
Stop Global Corporate Rule by Free Trade Agreement
(Click for background information.)
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch (R-UT) says he wants to reintroduce Fast Track right after Congress returns from the Presidents’ Day Recess, February 16-22. This could be as early as February 23. Pres. Obama will be sending Cabinet members to Congress to twist arms, while corporate lobbyists will be swarming all over the Senate and House to trade votes for deals.
It’s absolutely critical for your Representative to hear from you—
we can defeat Fast Track in the House!
Take action during the Presidents’ Day Recess—Feb. 16-22
- Call Sen. Ron Wyden (202-224-5244) to say you don’t want any kind of Fast Track, that Fast Track is unconstitutional, and any trade bill like the TPP that includes Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) is unacceptable.
- Call your Representative to send the same message or visit his/her office during the recess with others. Find or post your local action here or here. Look for signs, fliers and other print resources on our No TPP page, here.
- Birddog your Representative. If he/she is holding a town hall meeting or other public event, attend, ask where he/she stands on Fast Track, and say you want a “No” vote.
- Write a Letter to the Editor. Here’s a sample.
A few facts:
- Last year we prevented the old version from being introduced.
- Sen. Hatch is working on Sen. Wyden to get his support to show bi-partisan support and round up more “yes” votes.
- Pres. Obama is going over the heads of Democrat congressional leaders to work with House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to push Fast Track.
- Fast Track would be in effect for the next four years and could be renewed for three more years, spanning the 2016 and 2020 presidential campaigns.
- Fast Track would not only apply to the TPP, but to the TTIP/TAFTA, the EU-US trade agreement, and TISA, the Trade and Investment in Services.
Thanks for taking action for Democracy and for Mother Earth.
ACT NOW – MAKE THAT CALL
Marybeth Gardam, Chair, Corporations v Democracy Issue Committee;
and Nancy Price, Chair, Earth Democracy Issue Committee
FOR PEOPLE, PLANET AND PEACE OVER PROFIT.
END CORPORATE RULE